These pictures show Salem’s main sanctuary where weekly worship services are usually held. The cornerstone for this Tudor-Gothic structure was laid in 1898 and it was built entirely of stone, steel, copper, and slate. It features lofty arches and a vaulted roof. The altar, reredos, stair and balcony rails, pulpit, baptismal font, and lectern were all hand carved. In 1928, the chapel was renovated and the Skinner organ installed. The organ was modernized in 1995. The Memorial Chapel offers seating for 600 people, has a 100 foot center isle, sound system, and adjacent parlor with convenient restroom facilities. It connects to the Richwine Fellowship Hall via the parlor and lobby.