“Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs.'” -Matthew 19:14
Your children are always welcome in worship, and we hope you will bring them often. Below are some suggestions which might serve to make their worship experience (and yours) more enjoyable:
- Relax! God put the wiggle in children; don’t feel you have to suppress it in God’s house.
- It can be helpful to sit toward the front where it is easier for children to see and hear.
- Sing hymns loudly, pray, and voice the responses with enthusiasm. Children learn behavior by copying you. If you are excited about God, they will be too!
- Teach children some of the basic prayers; being able to join in with the prayers helps them feel they are contributing too. Also, it can be helpful to explain to your child what is happening during the service.
- Attend worship often! The best way for children to learn how to worship is to be in worship!
If there are things we can do to help you and your children feel more comfortable in worship, please contact us!
These tips adapted from those developed by Christ Our Savior Lutheran Church in Anchorage, Alaska.